Good evening! I hope you are having a wonderful Monday! Yesterday I spent the morning deep cleaning the house and doing laundry followed by food prep! I finished up the last week of Tina Reale’s Best Body Bootcamp and am waiting for the next round to start in April! Sign up this week if you are interested 🙂
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) at home workouts
- 10-15 Minutes of Maximum Intensity Workouts that will leave you breathless
- Great for on the go and travel
- Most of the workouts only involve your body weight
- Pretty much the same as her online workouts that are free
- The workouts are only explained at the beginning and then you go as fast as you can in the allotted time. If you move faster than her, you can get lost on what to do next.
Overall, I think the DVD’s are a great way to have a workout option that is fast and effective. I personally wouldn’t do the 30 day challenge because it’s so much intensity and I like to switch up days of intensity and focused weight training.
But I love being able to pop her DVDs into my laptop (above picture) and work-it-out wherever I am. I’m always sweaty and feel like I worked hard afterward!
On to Food Prep…
Here are 5 ways I typically go about prepping my food for the week:
1. Have an assortment of nuts to snack on or throw on top of a salad or yogurt. My current faves: Pumpkin Seeds, Almond Slices & Walnuts.
2. Cook a big pot of soup to eat for lunch or dinners throughout the week. I made my Two Bean Winter Kale Soup last night, it’s always a winner in this house.
3. Take the bananas that are getting old and freeze them in ziplocs for smoothies, to make a sweet treat or to thaw later for baked goods.
4. Clean and chop up Vegetables so they are easy to grab for the week. This week I prepped Celery, Sweet Potatoes & Russet Potatoes. Excited to make this recipe for a healthy version of Arby’s Curly Fry’s 🙂
5. Drain and rinse (if necessary) your canned goods and store them in containers for quick use during the week. I drained and rinsed my garbanzo beans for salads and stored my pumpkin in a container for use in smoothies, dinner entrees and baked goods.
Here it all is! I also hard boiled some eggs for a quick protein snack or to top on my salads throughout the week as well. I was able to get this all done in an hour yesterday and it saves so much time and effort during the week. If you are anything like me, it’s easier to grab some crackers than to rinse and chop up vegetables for a snack. But if it’s ready to grab, you are preparing yourself for a healthy week!
I also made another batch of Steel Cut Oats as they were such a hit last week! Darin & I re-heated the last batch all week and ate it for breakfast. This week I used the same recipe but tossed in some extra Cinnamon + Shredded Coconut.
Last but not least, I whipped up a batch of cookies last night. I had seen the Pinterest idea of Bananas + Oats = Cookies but I decided to mix it up a little bit. The flavor combos below were great and a huge hit with the husband. Darin’s favorite snack is what he calls a “Peanut Butter Banana”, where he heats a banana up in the microwave with peanut butter on top. I decided to remake these with another one of his favorite ingredients: coconut. I hope you enjoy! They are super simple and very flavorful!
5 Ingredient-Peanut Butter Banana Oat Cookies
Makes 7 Large or 10-12 Small Cookies
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup of Oats
- 1/4 Cup of Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
- 2 Tsp of Cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together, mashing the bananas up completely.
I made my cookies bigger, into 7 cookies. But you can divy them up into smaller size cookies to make a batch of 10-12 cookies. Bake for 16- 18 minutes. Sorry for the ugly baking pan, this pan has seen the oven a lot.
Take them out of the oven and let them cool slightly. I liked eating them warm, fresh from the oven.
Give them a try! You will enjoy them.
The best part of this morning: waking up to a hot breakfast. My steel cut oats cooked on low overnight and I turned them off when I woke up at 6am to hit the gym. When I came home from the gym they were still warm in the pot and sooo delicious.
Do you have a favorite dish that you always eat? Mine is Greek Yogurt with Blueberries & Muesli Oats.