Good morning! I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend! My weekend was spent relaxing with my husband and getting ready for this week. I mixed in a few workouts and some meal prep that I will share with you!
Saturday on the fitness agenda was a run. I decided to work on my speed and interval training so I took my GymBoss Timer with me and did an alternating 2:00 minutes of running and 30 seconds of sprinting for 3 miles. This pretty much wore me out and kicked my butt but it definitely helped me work on my speed.
After work on Sunday, I made my way out to the pool.
It was such a beautiful day but definitely 98 degrees outside.
We went out for Mexican Saturday night which was delicious and everything Mexican food should be: spicy and cheesy. I didn’t end up taking pictures of our date night out but I will have a picture of my new dress later this week.
Sunday afternoon was spent meal planning and shopping (see below) and in the evening we decided to go to our local park and kick the soccer ball around for fun.
I haven’t done this since we first started dating and just running around was tiring!
For this week I am challenging myself to get back on my clean eating focus. Want to follow along? Having these muffins around the house last week definitely left me reaching for a muffin when I could have chosen an apple. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good muffin and won’t hold myself back from indulging. But let’s get to the root of my weekend: Chips, Salsa, Fajitas & Margaritas. Saturday’s are always my “cheat” day where I indulge but you can’t have a “cheat” day if you are eating muffins throughout the week right?! So back to my original statement, I’m getting back on the clean eating today.
In order to keep myself focused this week, I need a plan. Like anything in life, writing out a plan will get your wheels turning and keep you accountable. You also have to prepare ahead of time.
Here is my meal plan for the week. I will be sharing recipes as I experiment with them!
- Sunday- Southwest Turkey Burgers with Tomato & Avocado
- Monday- PaleOMG– Pumpkin Cashew Coconut Curry over Coconut Rice (watch her video and prepare to laugh)
- Tuesday- Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Red Peppers & Zucchini
- Wednesday- Sweet Chile Tilapia with Tomato & Basil Couscous
- Thursday- Salmon & Sweet Potato Quinoa with Kale & Pesto- Mixed these recipes from Real Simple- Recipe 1, Recipe 2
- Friday- leftovers
- Saturday- out to eat
In order to save money I went to two different grocery stores. The farmer’s market for my produce and Super Target for the rest. I was able to purchase all my produce for the week for $19.00. The deals at the farmer’s market are great. They had this sleeve of Organic Garlic for $1.00.
When I came home from grocery shopping I immediately started prepping for the week.
I made Fitnessista’s Amaze Balls for Darin and I to have a protein snack after our workouts.
These things are the bomb. I didn’t add dark chocolate to mine like she does but added 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa.
Then I made my fruit/vegetable wash and started washing and cleaning off the produce.
It’s one thing to go grocery shopping but if you don’t prep your food for the week you will be less likely to eat it on the run. I chop up my veggies and fruit so they are easy to grab for a snack.
Other prep ideas:
- Hardboil Eggs ahead of time for Salads or a snack throughout the week
- Make a dip like hummus or my Sweet Cinnamon Dip for veggies and fruit to dip in so you don’t get bored eating celery. (Let’s be real here.)
- Cook several chicken breasts and slice them up so you can grab them for lunch during the week.
- Make a big pitcher of your favorite tea like Starbucks Passion Tea and keep it cold in the fridge so you can have iced tea to sip on when you need a flavored drink.
- Cut up limes and lemons so that you can put them in your water when you need them.
- Make a big batch of Two Bean Quinoa Salad and eat it throughout the week on top of salads or on it’s own.
I hope these tips help! Happy meal planning and I hope you will join me on a clean eating focus this week, I’ll need the encouragement 🙂 Come back this afternoon for my recipe for Southwest Turkey Burgers!
What’s your best meal planning tip?