Hi guys! I hope you had a fabulous Tuesday. Here’s my salad-a-day from today:
It included toppings of mandarin oranges, carrots, broccoli, grilled chicken, purple cabbage and sunflower seeds. In case you didn’t know from my About section, my husband and I work for Chick-fil-A and we travel around to different stores. This salad was from work today 🙂 Chick-fil-A has great healthy options and I know from experience it’s all fresh produce. You should try!
It’s Tone it Tuesday and we are focusing on toning our arms and abs.
I did a 10 minute rolling hills run on the treadmill and then followed this routine:
If you can’t do an elevated push-up, do a normal or modified push-up. Most of these moves can be found on Google to help you with form. Here is a Medicine Ball Twist below, you can also use a weight.
I followed this with a 10 minute alternating sprint/jog combo. Don’t forget to stretch!
I have a new-to-me recipe for you to try! Adapted and modified to my liking from Iowa Girl Eats
Thai Chicken Quinoa Stir-Fry
(2) chicken breasts
(1) cup of chicken stock
(1) cup of light coconut milk
(1) cup of quinoa- rinsed and drained
(1) clove of garlic minced
(2) green onions chopped
(1/2) cup of cilantro
(1) 8oz can of pineapple tidbits (drained)
(1) cup of frozen peas
(2) tbsp of soy sauce
1. Season chicken breasts with your choice of seasoning, (I chose garlic powder and pepper) and cook in skillet until browned. Chop into bit size pieces and set aside.
2. Pour rinsed quinoa into a pan, add coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil. After it comes to a boil, turn it down to simmer and cook for 15-20 min until quinoa is fluffy and liquid is gone.
3. In the meantime, sauté onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add cilantro, drained pineapple and frozen peas and lets cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add chicken and then scrape all ingredients to sides of pan and make a well to cook the eggs. Let them scramble and then stir ingredients together. Add quinoa and let it all cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring to keep egg from burning.
5. Squeeze juice from lime and add 2 tbsp of soy sauce. Stir it all together- now eat
6. I added peanuts on top and limes on the side for extra flavor!
He’s excited for dinner, he loves Thai food.
Let me know if you try it! It was delicious to us.
Ashley and I explored the streets of Ft. Lauderdale Beach on Saturday and these were some of our finds…
Some awesome street art
A fun beach hat which I could have used later..
Cute O’Neil tops. Wish I could afford.
I so want to be a beach sport person. I tried to skate and skim board and always bust my a**
Ft. Lauderdale is beautiful if you have the time to stop by. Always a lot going on.
Tuesday Thoughts: “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw